Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mummy dearest


Though its not Mothers day I somewhat have the urge to talk about my mum. I`ll share it with all of you who are willing to read my part of story:) Haha how do you decribe your mum? what are the special or nice things that you`ve done with her? For me live has been great with her around. A women who likes shopping, likes to read inspirational books, likes to cook, feed us with food, spend time with us and being a mother!

When I was young during primary school I stayed with my grandma and aunt in town. In the afternoons i`ll watch hindustani movies with grandma and watch all the fairytale movies with her too. One of my favourites- Snow White. I still remember while waiting for mum to come back from work i`ll clean the room and fold the beds, and when she reach home i`ll close her eyes and take her upstairs then suprise her. Haha.. soo cute lolz. Perasan la. Free times we would go swimming with dad n mum. I will always ride on her back n she swims..

I was very happy because my dad bought me a big mansion toy house with lights, small people and a sports car. When my dad came back from his tuition we will certainly go for supper. One of my fav food were tiny Char siew pau and chee cheong fun. Dads fav was Hokkien mee, curry mee.. ohh and soya bean or leong fun for drinks. One night when my mum was working till late at night because of her hotels event, dad took me there to sit on a pony haha..

Parents always like to take me to McD. I love to drink their milkshake. Yummy. But now seldom drink. Missed those times where we would just go out to have a nice meal. One day when dad was having tuition I peed from the upstairs and the urine drip down and got the tables.. lolz.. Uhm... not my fault lar.. sobs. All my aunties and uncles like to take me around for meals.. Ohh ya during CNY my mum will always bake cookies. Haha you`ll see my hands trying to get bz that time.. She loves to bake too. Cheese cake, carrot, chocholate.. Till now every year she`ll at least bake a few types of cookies however bz she is. haha last weekend she tried to cook one of my grandmas specialty- Laksa Lemak type. Sis say it was good. Haha mum wanted to try out first so that she can cook for me when i get back:p so nice.

You see.. my grandma is a very very good cook. Don know how to describe her delicious cooking. She`s half nyonya and hokkien. So I was brought up with all the nyonya delicacies like Curry Kapitan, Curry Chicken, Gulai Tumis, Jeow who Char, Loh Bak and lots more. Sorry ppl fpr tempting, but I dont really get the chance to eat her food liao cos she`s getting older so we ask her not to cook.

Mum has been very strong. I think her words make me stronger. Last year I started living out of pg to study here in INTI. I usually cry when i leave pg. She told me "God is with you, leave it to Him and he`ll do the rest for you. Do not worry because you are a child of God." Those words really transform me into someone of who i am now. Mum has her ways of telling me things. Although sometimes I find it hard to communicate with her because she wont stop talking once I bring out an issue which I don`t really like. Argh.. Haha.

I think I have some side of her, like her patience and sensitivity. My dad is someone totally different with a more aggresive character. Haha but both compliment each other. That`s whats most important. I`ll stop here for now. Im proud of you mum =) Love you loads.

4 comments:

Fui said...

HAHA. Your story's sequence is so confusing. One time you were talking about McD then suddenly peed then suddenly went back to talk about food. Penang girls... fancy food only!

Ci Long said...

so many nice food but never learn to cook for me XD

u dunno ah carly..she everytime blog very sesat one XD XD

Ying Swee said...

erm... how come a third of your blog about your mum is about food? haha...

zowie said...

she's trying to mean her mum is a good cook and she was probably thinking about food when she wrote this blog but peeing and food really don't go well together....